Saturday, August 23, 2008

8 Weeks

Can you believe it? Jnr. turned 8 weeks today and is still being compared to the size of food on the various websites.

Some are saying that this week, he/she will be the size of a raspberry and others say the size of a pinto bean.

He/She ( I can't wait for the day when I don't have to do THAT! ) is still growing like crazy, and the eyelids are forming, the heart valves and chambers are differentiating, the face is taking shape, and it has little webbed hands and feet that are getting unwebbed real soon...! And little elbows and knees...

Plus, at the end of this 8th week, you'll be promoted to fetus-dom!

The heartburn is a better today. I still woke up and had to eat crackers in bed this morning, and drank a cup of milk at bible class, but it was just kind of like a nagging ache in the background throughout the day, not the burning burning of yesterday.

Our first prenatal visit is less than 6 days away ( blogging after midnight .. heheh ). I'm pretty excited and at the same time, nervous. It's almost like the first thing I want to tell her is, cut to the chase and just ultrasound my belly already! I wanna see my baby!!

I already had some belly fat to begin with, so I think it's hard to see a pooch as yet ( also can't wait for when I can just let it all hang out and not have to "suck in" ) BUT my jeans have been getting tighter, and I've had to resort to my larger sized jeans - bleh, and probably soon I'll have to get drawstring or elastic band type pants. But then again I think, what's vanity compared to this little baby that's growing inside of you!?

I've been having some twinges on my right lower side, which started pretty early, like in my 6th week or something. Of course ectopic is something I constantly think about ( which is why I am soo looking forward to the sonogram ) , but this pain is more like a catch, and happens when I roll over in bed for some reason or stretch up hug the hubs, but not all the time, which leads me to think it's round ligament pain.

Meanwhile, according to the weekly emails alerts I get from these various baby websites, I'm supposed to have gone up a boob size or something. Or maybe I'm GOING TO, in the next month.

Well, thing is, I started wearing sports bras quite some time ago, because to me they were just way more comfortable and gave way much more support, so I haven't really noticed any humongous changes other than the constant tenderness.

I guess I have to dig out some of my old "conventional" bras to see if there's any difference.

4 comments:

Moments In Time said...

Congrats Letti! Been following your blog for some time, I think we frequent some of the same blogs. Anyways, I was compelled to leave a comment as we just found out that we're pregnant as well and will have our first ultrasound on Sept 2nd. We don't have an official 'age' yet but we know when we conceived since we used the ovulation thermometer. In any case, I'm about to explode containing such excitement, we're waiting for week 12 to tell the family but couldn't resist jumping for joy to hear we're on the same journey. God bless both you and Mr. D and the little one!

Tamara said...

Awwww...little Letti!
This blog out-does your other one by a lonnnng shot! I didn't think you could top the other one,but you did!
This is just so awesome.I bet David is like a gushing teenager right about now,huh?
I'm so glad you are posting any and all changes.It's such an awesome reminder of those wonderful days whe I was preggy.
Isn't this exciting?
huggggs

Tamara said...

oh...and I just looove your Babystroligy widget on the side.This kind of stuff was never invented when I was pregnant w/ my 2 girls.
Ahhhh...modern technoligy is nice,huh?

Camemberu said...

Congrats, Letti!!!! :D

First time always the most nerve-wracking but also most thrilling! Enjoy the journey! :)

Leong Ching