Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blogging from Bed

I dunno about how it is for most other pregnant women, but I have good and bad hours in a day. For the last 2 days, the bad hours have been kinda on the bad side. I think it usually gets better towards the end of the day, but then again, it might not. Yeah, I'm talking about the dreaded nausea and bloatedness and "what have you"s of hormonal overload.

For the past 2 days, I've had to be in bed most of the day, but this morning was da pitz. Felt extremely nauseated a few hours after breakfast, and threw up a little once. Then made breakfast for the hubs and had some fruit and juice while he had his omelette and toast, but for some reason, at the end of the meal, the smell of the omelette was suddenly pretty horrific to me, and I had to run to the bathroom again. Gah.

And now I'm nauseated AND hungry AND full of bloatedness. Thank goodness the hubs is partially a "nuts" fiend, and so we have roasted unsalted almonds in the house - big tubs from Sam's - and for some reason, munching on them helps with the nausea ( and hunger, obviously ). Plus, they're good for you - full of protein and calcium and other good stuff which the little babyness needs right now.

The hubs had gotten me a laptop not too long ago, and he came in a little while ago to see how I was doing. I was propped up in bed with the laptop in front of me. He smiles and goes, "wow, who'd have known that it would be that pregnancy friendly as well!" :)

No comments: