Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Distorted Body Image as it Is

I know it is part and parcel of being pregnant, but I can't help but be horrified at the prospect of gaining 25 - 35 pounds in the next 8 months or so. I've never had a great self image, and have been bulimic in the past, on and off, and am one of those women who think "If i just lose 10 or 15 pounds, i know my life would be perfect."

In my random readings about pregnancy and like that, I DID read that a large percentage of bulimics handle pregnancy really well and generally don't have much throwing up etc going on while pregnant. I hope I can handle this part of it. Being someone who was called "Fatty" as a kid, and "Big Sized" as an adult , or the coy but not any less stingy "Wow, you certainly look HEALTHY" doesn't help.

Dang.

I should stop passing on these negative vibes to the baby...Happy thoughts.. happy thoughts...

No comments: