Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thumper's mother knows best.

And what she teaches Thumper is, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

Okay, I may not be the most sensitive person all the time as to how others are feeling, but I DO try. Anyway, this had been bugging me since last night and this being MY pregnancy blog, hey, where else can I vent but HERE?

So there's this guy that the family knows, who sits with us at dinner at our Tuesday family gatherings. He can be a real doofus at times, saying the most ridiculous things, but what he said yesterday really upset me. The hubs had gotten my drink for me, and I didn't realize that our drinks had gotten switched, and I was drinking the hubs' drink which had diet coke, and hence, caffeine. The doof hears us going "Uh oh", and tries to make a joke out of it, and says "Oh no, now your baby's going to have 2 heads", and chuckles.

I stare at him in disbelief, and count to ten silently. Seriously. This is MY baby you're talking about here. Just STFU! What a major eejit.

His wife glares at him and I bet you she would have smacked him or SOMETHING if we hadn't been out in a public place.

4 comments:

Skwermy said...

Yes there are id10ts in the world out there and I am sorry you had to happen upon one of them! :( *HUGS* People can be so insensitive sometimes and the joking can go too far

letti said...

hiya skwermy.. do you have a blogger blog?

Anonymous said...

Or I'll smack him for you!! What a horrible thing to say!

Anonymous said...

Say
apparently you needed two heads so that you could think straight before talking.