Sunday, February 14, 2010

Being a parent means

your heart breaks almost all the time.

At least that's how it seems, to a newbie. A lot of times I feel like a complete noob. Especially when I can't protect you against every bump or cut. Some days I just want to wrap you up in bubble wrap so nothing could ever hurt you. Or have the whole house bubble wrapped. *sigh*

Photobucket

Ugh, I wish being a parent wasn't so scary. I had my back turned the other day when you were in my study with me when i heard a noise and turned around to see you sitting by the chest, face screwed up with an impending scream / wail to follow. UGH. I think you were biting the chest or something, and slipped and hit your mouth on the edge. You had blood in your mouth and wouldn't let me see, but continued crying and crying.

Man, my heart was breaking. You had a laceration on your gum above the left upper front tooth. After you had calmed down and I got daddy in from outside, we checked your mouth. The tooth didn't seem shaky or loose, but there was a gash on the gum above it. The bleeding stopped quickly, but it gives me shivers to think about all the bumps and lumps you're gonna get. It hurts my heart sooo much when you get hurt. *cry*

On the other hand, being a parent also means your heart swells so much sometimes with love and pride that it seems too much for your chest to contain all the emotions. Sappy, I know. And when you are a teenager and reading this, and going "Good Grief, mom", just keep all of this in mind for when you become a parent yourself, kiddo :)

1 comment:

Pris said...

Luv this sentence "Good Grief, mom", just keep all of this in mind for when you become a parent yourself, kiddo :)" .... striking words!