Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Little Speller

Quite a few months ago, I got you a magnetic alphabet thingy, and every once in a while you would peel it off of the filing cabinet and bring it to me, saying EEEEE EEEEEE, meaning you wanted me to sing the alphabet song to you. I would point at the letters as I sang to you, and would pause at G, P, V and Z for you to fill in the blanks ( you LOVE the P sound and saying PPPPEEE!!!! ) and you like to help me finish off the song with a resounding "MEEEE!!"

Well, a couple of weeks ago, we started watching some Sesame Street clips on YouTube,

Photobucket

and one of them is Elmo ( a current hot favourite of yours ) singing the alphabet with India Arie in this hauntingly sweet rendition.




Now, a lot of the time, when you see words, whether in books, on the computer/TV screen, on the wall, in pictures, on my shirt ( !! ) etc, you start pointing to the letters and going, "O, E! O, E!, O, E!"

Photobucket

No comments: