Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Day and Private Pay

Hadn't been feeling all that good the last couple of days, so it was a nice surprise to actually feel pretty good today. Good enough that I wolfed down 2 ( home made too! ) chicken enchiladas in green sauce! Like, woah. And then feel hungry 2 hours after that. But I know by now that every day is different, and there are good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours. I can't believe this is the first day in quite a while I haven't had to stay in bed for at least part of the day feeling bad! Yay!!!

Also, I received a call from the doctor's clinic today, and the lady on the line said "I just called to say we messed up". I was thinking, WTH??? Anyway, turns out that they had done a routine swab during the Pap smear for cooties in the yaya, and had sent that off to a private lab, and then had me go to the health dept to have urine cultures for the same cooties..

In other words, they were duplicate tests. She said that they don't usually do the cootie swabs for the "private pay" patients as the urine culture test would be an equivalent test. ANYWAY, I told her I had received a bill in the mail yesterday for over a hundred dollars for those tests, and she apologized and said that if I could pay that laboratory bill, that they would deduct it from my final doctor's bill with my OBGYN. Pretty cool.

No comments: