Saturday, October 24, 2009

I can't help it..

if I am a first time parent and don't want my child to miss out on ANYTHING, and that includes toys, toys and more toys. So far we've been pretty good about not just getting anything and everything out there. I mean, it seems like every other toy out there either beeps or flashes or sings or does SOMETHING automated.

It can get QUITE annoying.

So I thought we'd go "old school" and went ahead and got you some "stacking rings" and a "shape sorter" thingy.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Right now there isn't really much stacking or sorting going on... You're doing more like unstacking and banging together and picking the shapes out of the container or dumping them, with a healthy bit of "gumming" going on.

Photobucket

As time goes by, I'm sure you'll figure it out, but right now I'd like to think that you're "thinking outside the box" and developing your grasps and working those little hand muscles and improving your dexterity, hand eye coordination etc. etc.

Photobucket

At some point, I may tape over a few of the holes of the shape sorter - there's like 5 different shapes - and we'll try to do a couple of shapes at a time. Till then, have lots of fun just getting to know your new toys!

No comments: