Sunday, January 30, 2011

Things to remember

about Jaxon at this point in time

1. You love to say "wheeee!!!" when you are pushing your car around, except you say "Heeeeee!"

2. Since "Bubble Guppies" premiered on Nick, you have been going around saying "Gupple Guppy" "Gupple Guppy!!!"

3. This week you started saying "uh oh" appropriately.

4. You are getting better at communication - verbal and non verbal - I just need to always be open and receptive to what you want to get across to me.

5. You practise your "pouring" skills during bath time - you love using the little cups to scoop up the water and bubbles and watch the water/bubbles dribble, drip, pour, splash etc.


Photobucket


6. You still love munching on an apple for hours, till you get to the core.

7. You now are able to get into your car seat by yourself - well, the shoes are sometimes a hindrance, but you do good most of the time - and are so proud of yourself when you do it right :)

8. I try to get your socks and shoes on before we get in the car to go anywhere, but these days, you have started taking your shoes AND your socks off, so it looks like I'll have to put them on you when we reach where you are going.

9. There are several books we read before each nap/bed time, and sometimes you are impatient to get to the next book that you will say "Tin da!" ( i.e. "The End" ) after just a couple of pages.


Photobucket

10. You love to count. We sing the "1 2 3 4 5, Once I caught a fish alive" and I'll go "maaaam!" at your knuckles right at "because he bit my finger so", and you think that's too funny, and will shove your knuckles at me on cue to "bite". You "count" and "spell" every chance you get and love saying "Tin!" ( 10 ), "Foh Teen!" ( 14 ) and "TenTee!" ( 20 ) , oh, and "P" and "T" and "O" and "E" are apparently your favorite letters at this time.

There are bunches of things that I will think of when my brain's not so dead at the end of the day ( or any part of the day it seems, these days ), and I will try to make sure I make a note of them and write them down.

No comments: