Monday, June 18, 2012

Little Boy Milestones

Since you're not officially in school yet, there's really no official "summer slide" either, as every day is a chance to play and learn.

You didn't use to like coloring very much, and would insist I do most of it.  However, these days, when I bring out the day's work sheets to do, you are really enthusiastic - even if you still DO get me to help you do some of the coloring.  AND you are getting better and better at attempting to color within the lines.  I mean, just look at that face, full of concentration!

8f6e7d74 copy


I love it that you are so eager to do your worksheets and work at crafts and whatnot.... and some days, you would start to tell me, "Mummy, I want to do my book", and start getting it off the bookshelf by yourself!

It's been interesting to watch the progression of the different pencil grips you've had. I didn't take closeup pictures of your grips before, but I thought I'd start and see how it goes from there.

cc782a74

Of course, then there are the other ways that you are working those little fine motor muscles.. like your Tangrams book, which we got from Sam's one time. ( Good thing it comes with a book of solutions! )

7535e8e8 copy

No comments: