Monday, June 24, 2013

School

We are still pretty much going ahead with school stuff, still following the recommended books from the "Before Five in a Row" curriculum.

  photo IMG_20130530_092636_282_zpse04c8d98.jpg

You are generally eager to learn - I mean, you can read like nobody's business now, and all that basic preschool stuff is way behind you.

 photo Jaxons-Blog1_zps711fffb1.jpg

I try to keep a rotation of different things to do in the hour and a half / two hours that we use for school ( about 4 - 5 days a week ), to keep you interested and learning.  A lot of it is reinforcement, I suppose.

 photo Jaxons-Blog_zpsbf839c84.jpg

By no means do I want to be a Tiger Mom, but I'd hate for your enthusiasm not to be encouraged and nourished, ya know? :)

 photo Jaxons-Blog3_zps3f07a625.jpg

At the end of the day, I judge the length and breadth by your responses, and try not to push push push.

  photo Jaxons-Blog2_zpsb5c79d2d.jpg


No comments: