Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall/Autumn, Homeschool Stylz

We did a bunch of fall craft and activities to usher in the season :)

  photo Jaxons-Blog_zps5aee51b4.jpg
First we built ourselves a scarecrow in a pumpkin patch, out of colored construction paper and cut-outs I had gotten from Dollar Tree over the years..
 photo Jaxons-Blog1_zpsd4076116.jpg
and learned all about pumpkins. Yes, gotta love them visual aids.
  photo Jaxons-Blog2_zps67a10f7c.jpg
We also learnt some songs and rhymes, and you managed to remember all the words to "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater" better than I could :)
 photo Jaxons-Blog4_zps861b65c9.jpg
and made an apple print tree!  You had been asking me for a while now, to do potato prints, and I thought that making an apple print tree would be quite fitting for the season. I drew some templates for the tree trunk and leaves, and you painted them in.
  photo IMG_20141007_141132_051_zpsce8439d5.jpg
As for a Jack-O-Lantern, you drew a face on a little pumpkin that we had, and I did the carving. I had gotten a set of little flickering LED lamps for this very purpose.  You were so excited to turn off the light to see the glowing face. Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos of it before it got mouldy. Bleh.
 photo Jaxons-Blog3_zps76d5da60.jpg
We also decorated a window with Halloween gel clings.
 photo Jaxons-Blog5_zpsa50b0b0a.jpg

 photo DSC_0066_zps26dc3690.jpg
Meanwhile, we Columbus Day came up and we learnt a little bit about him as well. 
 photo Jaxons-Blog6_zpsa41eec88.jpg

No comments: