Thursday, October 23, 2014

Multiculturalism

I come from a country with several main ethnic groups, and we have many different public holidays that celebrate that diversity.

Today, we learnt about Diwali, or as I called it back in Malaysia, Deepavali.

We didn't go in depth into the whole celebration, but touched a little bit on the different aspects of it.   We did some activities to go along with it, and all in all, I think it was a pretty good introduction to the celebration. You had a lot of questions, as we had never touched on Diwali before, and I tried to answer them to the best of my ability.  We also looked at information on several websites and watched a couple of videos online to learn a little bit more.

Rangoli Art ala Chalk Pastels
Tracing our hands and feet and attempting some Mehndi/ Henna Art

No comments: