Monday, August 18, 2008

Cranky Tummy

Today, my tummy's been feeling seriously more cranky than usual. I had a little something to eat when I first woke up pretty early, and had 1/2 of a prenatal vitamin coz taking an entire one at a time usually makes me queasy. That went well.

Then the hubs woke up several hours after that, and I made him breakfast ( no prob with the smells ) and sat down with him, and had a small bowl of cereal.

THAT'S when it all started. Right after the cereal. I was getting green at the gills, and getting worse by the minute, and had to interrupt the hubs in mid sentence to run to the bathroom to retch. And there went the cereal.

Great. Now not only was I feeling queasy, my tummy hurt from retching.

I went and lay down for a bit till I felt a little better and had to get up coz by then, hunger pangs had joined in the repertoire of tummy sensations, and I seriously needed something to make it stop hurting. The only thing I had any "desire" for were wieners and so I boiled some and cut them up into little bits and ate em. Everything seemed fine for 5 whole minutes. Then I had to run to the bathroom again, and threw up like half of the weiners I ate.

I didn't know if my tummy was queasy, or painful, or hungry or WHAT it was, or if it was indigestion. Or ALL of the above. All I knew was, it was NOT fun.

We've just finished dinner, and even though my stomach was hurting ( as I said, I'm not sure WHAT it was ), I figured eating SOMETHING would help.

It did. It's been about 20 minutes since I had some salad, a piece of chicken wing, and a couple of pieces of bread. AND half of a prenatal vitamin. So far so good. My stomach actually feels a little better and doesn't hurt as much, and I'm sipping some juice and trying not to let this yuckiness I'm feeling ( albeit less now ) consume me.

Junior is 7 weeks and 3 days today. I hope she/he doesn't hold all this whining against me.

2 comments:

sweetspirits said...

Kewl now i have another bloggy to read .
Arh the joys of becoming a mummy :)
believe me sweety , nothing compares to motherhood :) .

The Chansburys said...

oh poor hun!!!!!!!! hopefully you can keep the food down hey?! what's worse is having hunger pangs, but not being able to eat anything cause when you do, you either get instant indigestion or throw up! ARGH!!!!!! and they say it's a good sign that bubs is growing strongly but ;)