Thursday, August 28, 2008

Turns out we have to redo week 8

We had our first prenatal visit today. We = the hubs and me. Oooooo and baby makes 3.. *grin* It was so reassuring to have the hubs there with me.

Okay, so I am allowed to get gorier (? more gory ) over here, what with this being the pregnancy blog and like that and not my regular blog ( the latest post about the dr's visit is HERE )

So we managed to come to an understanding with the doctor and her office manager about the price and a payment scheme thingy because I don't have insurance ( the doctor told us that 75% of health insurance in texas didn't cover maternity anyway - good grief . ) and the hubs and I were totally relieved it wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg and it was massively discounted. Phew.

Relief #2 came when the doctor did a transvaginal/internal ultrasound and saw that there was ONE baby, and it was in the uterus. She checked my ovaries, and I had a corpus luteum cyst in my left ovary, which was normal, and although it seemed pretty big to me, it was supporting our baby while the placenta was being formed, and THAT was what had been giving me some of the twinges, she said. PHEW! And then she measured my cervix and said it was of great length! LOL


Photobucket

The hubs came along, not really knowing what all the visit would entail, so although he was totally in awe when we saw the baby on the ultrasound, he was just absolutely blown away when we saw its little heart fluttering and the doctor zoned the doppler in to calculate the heart rate and what sounded like the sounds of horses galloping just filled the room.


Photobucket


So she calculated my dates based on this early scan and the CRL corresponded to a week behind what we had thought, so I have had to correct the little widget to the left to go back a week and I get to spend week 8 with my little blueberry all over again. :)

Side note: Smells of rotisserie chicken is quite Da Barf.

3 comments:

Skwermy said...

LOL Your posts are so hilarious! But WOW, seeing the Sonogram is just *LUVS*!!!! :-) I am so happy for you guys that everything is normal and on tract *HUGS*

Lindy said...

Don't you just love the first pics of your little spermegg wiggling? And heart-thumps are awesome. I'm gonna be following the process just because I love the prego pics. Good luck.

McMGrad89 said...

I am so excited for you, Letti. I remember when I heard the heartbeat of my two for the first time. It was so surprising. It is a sound you never forget.