Friday, April 8, 2011

Winning with Weaning?

Photobucket

For the last 3 weeks or so, I have tried every other way, other than nursing, to get you soothed back to sleep when you wake up in the middle of the night or from a nap. You have done very well and we haven't nursed during "sleepytimes" for roughly 3 weeks now.

I've also been "observing" the "don't offer unless asked" policy during the daytime. Used to, you would come to me and ask for "yaya"s at just about any time of the day. When the nighttime nursing got less and less, it seems like you asked for "yaya"s less and less during the day too. Of course when you get upset, one of the first things you still say is, "YA YA!!!!"

Today, you went through a whole entire day ( and night ) without asking for Yayas even once!

*deep breath*

I won't hold my breath just yet, though. Little boys can be very arbitrary.

I remember maybe a year ago, when you had herpangina and refused to nurse because it hurt too much.... I wasn't quite ready to stop yet - there was quite the sadness/grief/feeling of loss on my part. But this time, I think both YOU and I may just be ready.

Let's do this :)

1 comment:

The Chansburys said...

yayas!!! at least he doesn't go 'boobee' like a certain someone does! and that certain someone still has it 3 times a day! no sign of weaning this end, mate. and strangely i am liking this arrangement. maybe because he is my second bubba and i don't want him to grow!!!!!!! :(