Monday, August 25, 2008

How do Bloodhounds stand it?!

I've talked about my super schnoz in a previous post, and I always hope things will get better, but they don't! The different smells that assault me first thing in the morning when I open the bedroom door into the rest of the house, seem to linger and follow me around!

EVERYTHING smells overwhelming. From the dogs to the cats to their food, to OUR food. I couldn't believe it when the hubs took me out for Chinese Food the other night and something I usually love actually was offputting!


I usually LOVE LOVE LOVE bean sprouts, and will get the "Mongolian Stir Fry" thingy area chef to do the dish for me, but this time, I felt just sick to my stomach when I caught a whiff of the cooked bean sprouts. I picked at it for a bit, and thought, "forget it.."


And the smells that are out of doors... BARF! It doesn't so much make me physically sick as sickens and annoys the heck outta me. Poor hubs tries to help with doing the cat litter more often, and covering the halfway-done cans of cat food with lids but even coffee smells yucky to me these days. I was even complaining to the hubs that I thought the sheets smelled, and he looked at me like "WHAT??". He suggested scented candles or the scented oil burners, but I HAVE tried those, and the smell, where pleasant before, are now just way too overwhelming! Masking bad smells with some other smell I can't stand at the moment is probably not the best approach...Gah. But I'm getting desperate.

I may have to find out if the smell of Vicks Vaporub is something I can stand, coz if it works, I may just have to live out the rest of the next 32 weeks with a permanent Vicks moustache.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you can get an air ioniser or purifier or something to disperse the smell instead of masking it.. like that water thing that shooshers around and clears the air...

This one :

http://www.ogawaworld.net/ourproducts/hygiene/air_revitalizer/ogawa_air_revitalizer.php

McMGrad89 said...

I remember when I was pregnant with #1 that I couldn't even walk into the deli to get a much needed sandwich. I had to bribe people to go in for me. My food tastes became very plain until the last trimester. I would only eat french fries, baked potatoes, bagels and turkey sandwiches on kaiser rolls.

At the end, however, I was eating buffalo ranch chicken sandwiches from Chili's, but I didn't have enough room in my stomach to fit a whole one and no one else wanted one. It used to drive my husband crazy that I would leave half of it on the plate.

Don't worry. It gets better.